Lakeland Regional Health is excited to unveil its greatly expanded Grasslands Campus at 3030 Harden Boulevard.
“We feel privileged to begin serving patients at this beautiful new campus,” said Jon A. Boyette, Vice President of Physician Group and Ambulatory Operations. “This is one example of how Lakeland Regional Health is dedicated to providing our community with convenient access to high-quality primary and specialty care.”
Opening the door to patients on Monday, June 13, 2016, the Grasslands Campus will serve as a medical home for primary and specialty care, as well as Lakeland Regional Health’s Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine program and Wound Care Center and Nemours Children’s Health System children’s specialty care. This state-of-the-art facility will house 18 primary care physicians and specialists, ranging from pediatricians to pulmonologists.
Among the highlights at the Grasslands Campus:
- 30 orthopedic exam rooms, an increase from seven.
- Enhanced orthopedic procedure room and casting rooms.
- HydroWorx 3500 therapy pool, featuring an underwater treadmill, resistance jets and underwater cameras to monitor progress.
- 100-foot Vector Gait & Safety System in gym that allows patients requiring physical rehabilitation to practice standing and walking without the risk of falls.
- Gym area devoted to pediatric therapy, featuring a rock climbing wall and trampoline.
- Outdoor rehabilitation garden, allowing patients to experience various walking surfaces and providing play area for children.
- Groundbreaking therapy equipment to help with hand rehabilitation and eye-hand coordination.
- A second, leading-edge digital X-ray machine for orthopedic patients.
- Complimentary parking lot shuttle service.
- State-of-the-art audiology testing booth.
The new campus also will allow for greater collaboration between pediatricians and LRH audiology and orthopedics departments.
“We are excited to be offering so many care options in one centralized location,” said Danielle Drummond, Lakeland Regional Health Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. “Our patients are at the heart of all we do, so our focus is on providing them with access to groundbreaking technology that can improve their outcomes.”
For information about the Grasslands Campus or to schedule an appointment with a Grasslands physician, call 863.284.5000 for primary and specialty care, 863.687.1250 for orthopedics services and 863.687.1189 for outpatient physical rehabilitation.
About Lakeland Regional Health
As a catalyst for community health, not-for-profit Lakeland Regional Health is reaching beyond its hospital walls to promote wellness, education and discovery in new places and new ways, providing a wide range of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services at its Medical Center, Hollis Cancer Center and ambulatory care locations. LRH holds Most Wired Advanced status from American Hospital Association’s Health Forum and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives and has earned workplace awards from Forbes, Gallup and Becker’s Hospital Review. Its 849-bed comprehensive tertiary referral hospital, Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center, operates a Level II Trauma Center, a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Bannasch Institute for Advanced Rehabilitation Medicine and the state’s busiest single site Emergency Department. For more information about Lakeland Regional Health, visit http://myLRH.org.
About Lakeland Regional Health Physician Group
Lakeland Regional Health is a not-for-profit healthcare system that constantly seeks to care for its patients in new places and new ways. It employs more than 100 physicians and a robust team of clinical leaders who provide primary and urgent care, and practice in over 20 specialties at its Hollis Cancer Center, Family Health Center and convenient care locations throughout Polk County and surrounding areas. LRH plays a key role in providing pediatric specialty care to the families it serves through affiliation with Nemours Children’s Health Network. For more information about Lakeland Regional Health, visit http://myLRH.org.