At Lakeland Regional Health (LRH) we are committed to providing outstanding post graduate pharmacy residency training. The residency programs offer the experiences needed in order to grow professionally and develop the knowledge and skills to become an independent, confident practitioner.
The ASHP-accredited programs offered at LRH include two PGY1 Pharmacy Residency options (Acute Care and Ambulatory Care settings) and three PGY2 Pharmacy Residencies specializing in Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, and Pain Management and Palliative Care.
The primary emphasis of the residency programs will be on the development of practice skills in the differentiated area. The resident will be delegated clinical responsibilities under the preceptorship of a faculty member to develop these skills. Teaching responsibilities are provided to further develop communication skills and abilities. We strive to provide a challenging yet supportive atmosphere, where autonomy and supervision are in dynamic balance.
Our residency program is committed to the resident’s success! Whatever the professional goals may be, LRH will help the resident develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve them. Detailed information for each program is provided on the website. If there are any additional questions, please contact the residency program director.
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residencies
- PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Residency
- PGY2 Emergency Medicine Residency
- PGY2 Pain Management & Palliative Care Pharmacy Residency
- Application Process
Jessica Cobian, PharmD, BCPS
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Infectious Diseases
Director, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (match #129313)
Macie Kent, PharmD, CPh
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Anticoagulation
Director, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (match#258513)
Anthony Pazanese, PharmD
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Pain Management & Palliative Care
Director, PGY2 Pain Management and Palliative Care Residency
Rebecca Rich, PharmD, BCPS, BCCCP, FCCM
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Critical Care
Director, PGY2 Critical Care Residency
Kayla Wilson, PharmD, MS, BCPS
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Emergency Medicine
Director, PGY2 Emergency Medicine Residency
General Residency Information
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health Systems, Inc. includes Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center, an 864-bed, not-for-profit hospital with more than 5,500 employees and an active medical staff of nearly 800 physicians. With 188,000 patient days, almost 3,000 births and 42,000 patient admissions each year, Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center is the fifth largest hospital in Florida.
Why Choose LRH For Your Residency
- The second busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
- A level II Trauma Center providing initial trauma care, regardless of the injury, with physician subspecialists.
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and houses the only dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department in the county.
- The only AHCA attested comprehensive stroke center in the area with advanced technology to treat strokes beyond three hours
- Neurosurgeons specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of brain, spinal and neck injuries and illness.
- The most established heart program in Polk County.
- Free parking.