Special features of the Bannasch Institute for Advanced Rehabilitation Medicine include:
- 32-bed unit designed to maximize patient safety through use of a state-of-the-art integrated ceiling track lift system for patients with reduced mobility that are at risk for falls. The patient lift/support system is located in patient rooms, patient bath rooms, and selected areas on the unit serving patients with greater mobility and balance impairments.
- All private patient rooms, each with 300+ square feet of space designed for optimum patient and family comfort.
- Neighborhoods of care grouping related specialties in shared clinical space to facilitate clinician and staff collaboration and simplify access to care for patients and their loved ones.
- Large physical therapy gym (2,300+ square feet) specifically designed for the treatment of neurologically and physically impaired patients.
- Spacious and open day/dining area where patients may share a meal with family, dine under staff attendance/supervision or participate in therapeutic activities.
- Family area in the day/dining area providing comfort and relaxation during or in between their loved one’s treatment.
- Outside landscaped rehabilitation space for patients to enjoy time in nature while practicing mobility.
- Conference space in the day/dining area for family educational meetings and treatment/discharge planning with case managers and care professionals.