At Lakeland Regional Health, our expert physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists help patients who need ongoing care after an injury or illness.
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Continuum
Your journey of rehabilitative excellence, depending on your situation, can start with quality, personalized inpatient rehabilitation at the Bannasch Institute for Advanced Rehabilitative Medicine located within the Lakeland Regional Medical Center or at our outpatient facility at the Grasslands Campus offering comprehensive physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) expertise is offered at both locations by Physiatrists who are board certified in PM&R with services that include the following:
- Comprehensive gait assessment for those with neurologic conditions and for amputees
- Nerve conduction/electromyography studies to assess the function of nerves that may be damaged
- Medical acupuncture by a licensed and trained Physician Acupuncturist for acute and chronic pain conditions including migraine headaches
- Management of spasticity incurred by a stroke, traumatic brain injury and/or spinal cord injury
- Lifestyle assessment with a personalized medical plan to improve one’s daily function.
Our trained rehabilitation specialists include physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, doctorate-level trained physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists. The clinical knowledge base and expert training of our multi-disciplinary and highly skilled team is the highlight of our new outpatient facility. We are equipped to treat all age groups and all rehabilitative needs through our specialty programs. We offer hand therapy, lymphedema therapy, aquatics, vestibular rehab, prosthetic training, manual therapy, pediatric therapy and other clinical specialties.
To make an appointment with our Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialists, call 863.687.1250.
Our Facility at our Grasslands Campus
Our new state-of-the-art Grasslands Campus offers the latest equipment to make your recovery safe and effective, providing the best possible outcomes. The highlights at the Grasslands Campus, 3030 Harden Blvd, Lakeland include:
- HydroWorx® 3500 therapy pool
- 100-foot Bioness® Vector Gait & Safety System where patients can practice standing and walking without the risk of falls
- Pediatric therapy gym
- Outdoor rehabilitation garden
- Bioness® BITS system
- Bioness® L300
- Advanced strengthening and exercise equipment