The Lakeland Regional Health Hollis Cancer Center has been designed with patient care and comfort at every step in the survivor journey. Patients and clinicians worked together to guide our design team in creating a place of serenity, hope and healing.
Our award winning 2016 expansion and renovation project was recognized with a design award from The American Institute of Architects Orlando. The AIA design jury commended HuntonBrady for resolving an evidence-based design concept through a spatial strategy and said the connection of patients to nature was well thought out.
We are proud to offer state-of-the-art detection and treatment tools at the Hollis Cancer Center including:
The UroNav Fusion Biopsy System allows us to detect prostate cancer earlier and earlier. UroNav combines magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with ultrasound to give physicians greater accuracy when sampling suspicious tissue. UroNav’s revolutionary technology:
- Identifies cancers not otherwise detected by standard prostate biopsy techniques
- Potentially differentiates aggressive from indolent cancers
- Necessitates fewer repeat prostate biopsies
- Provides more accurate selection of men eligible for focal therapy
- Improves prostate cancer staging
- Facilitates evaluation of elevated serum PSA
- Adds confidence when selecting men for active surveillance
Three linear accelerators, one of which offers patients TrueBeam STx technology designed to treat tumors with advanced speed and high precision using image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery. TrueBeam STx targets cancer anywhere in the body where radiation treatment is indicated with enhanced patient safety and reduced operation times.