In looking for a hospital in which to receive high-quality, timely and nurturing care, cardiac patients and their families can be assured that the Jack and Tina Harrell Family Institute for Advanced Cardiovascular Medicine provides exceptional care when minutes matter most.
As an Accredited Level 5 Chest Pain Center through the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, Lakeland Regional Health integrates evidence-based science, quality initiatives, clinical best practices and the latest American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines into our cardiovascular care process.
We have been awarded Level 5 Chest Pain Center Accreditation, one of only two healthcare systems in Polk County with that high a designation through the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Accredited Chest Pain Centers have proven they utilize robust protocols that combine evidence-based science, quality initiatives, American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines and clinical best practices to produce the most effective care delivery model for low-risk NSTEMI/unstable angina, acute heart attacks and resuscitation. This systematic approach allows clinicians to reduce time to treatment during the critical early stages of a heart attack.
By achieving this Chest Pain Center Accreditation status, Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center has demonstrated expertise in the following areas:
- Integrating the Emergency Department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring the competence and training of Accredited Chest Pain Center personnel
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack.
NON-INVASIVE DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES
Our Chest Pain Center also provides the following noninvasive cardiology services:
- Stress Testing
- Transesophageal Echo
- Tilt Table
- Targeted Temperature Management
- Nuclear stress testing
INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY PROGRAM
Lakeland Regional Health’s interventional cardiology program plays an important role in the work of the Chest Pain Center.
CARDIAC REHABILIATION PROGRAM
Recent studies by leading organizations such as Mayo Clinic and the American Heart Association show that cardiac rehabilitation lowers the risk of future cardiac events and helps patients eat better, lose weight, and better engage in daily activities. For information about cardiac rehabilitation, call 863.284.5020.
Cardiac Rehabilitation can help those who have:
- Heart failure
- Heart attack
- Coronary angioplasty
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Heart transplant
- Angina (chest pain related to coronary blockages)
Our leading-edge Cardiac Rehabilitation Program includes:
- Exercise and strength training plans individually tailored by a cardiologist and a certified exercise physiologist to meet a patient’s needs
- Lifestyle and dietary education designed to improve a patient’s quality of life and reduce the chances or readmission to a hospital
- Nurse-monitored exercises to ensure patient safety